Sagarika: First full-fledged international cruise terminal
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – III – Infrastructure
- Indian Prime Minister inaugurated various projects in Kochi, Kerala recently.
- Sagarika, the International Cruise Terminal in Kochi was inaugurated.
- It is India’s first full-fledged international cruise terminal.
- Inauguration of the Marine Engineering Training Institute of Cochin Shipyard Ltd. will help those wanting to study marine engineering.
- South Coal Berth would bring down logistics costs and improve cargo capacities.
- Propylene Derivative Petrochemical Project (PDPP) will help strengthen India’s journey towards being Aatmanirbhar as it will save foreign exchange.
- With Ro-Ro Vessels, a distance of almost 30 km on road will become 3.5 km through waterways leading to less congestion and more convenience, commerce and capacity-building.