Schemes related to skill development
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – III – Skill development
- Rajya Sabha was informed about the Status of Skilled Youths in India.
- Ministry: Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE)
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY): For imparting short duration skill development training through Short-Term Training (STT) and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) to youth across all States/UTs.
- Jan Shikshan Sansthan (JSS) Scheme: Providing vocational skills to non-literates, neo-literates and school dropouts by identifying skills that have a market in the region of their establishment.
- National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS): For promoting apprenticeship training and increasing the engagement of apprentices by providing financial support to industrial establishments undertaking apprenticeship programme under The Apprentices Act, 1961.
- Craftsmen Training Scheme (CTS): Long term training programme in 137 trades are provided through 14,788 ITIs in India.