Startup India Seed Fund Scheme
Part of: GS Prelims and GS- III – Start-ups, Innovation
- Startup India Seed Fund Scheme (SISFS) has been approved for the period of next four years starting from 2021-22.
- It will be implemented with ar effect from 1st April 2021.
- Aim: To provide financial assistance to startups for proof of concept, prototype development, product trials, market entry and commercialization.
- Rs. 945 Crore corpus will be divided over the next 4 years for providing seed funding to eligible startups through eligible incubators across India.
- The scheme is expected to support about 3600 startups.