2nd Tranche of Commercial Coal Mining
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – III – Economy
- India launched its 2nd Tranche of auction for commercial coal mining offering 67 mines for sale of coal.
- Union Coal Minister launched the auction process.
- This is the highest number of mines on offer in a particular tranche of auction after commencement of the auction regime since 2014.
- Out of the total 67 mines offered by the Ministry of Coal, 23 mines are under CM(SP) Act and 44 under MMDR Act.
- The coal mines on offer are spread across 6 States Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Odisha, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Andhra Pradesh.
Do you know?
- Government of India is moving towards adopting a ‘Rolling Auction’ mechanism for conducting future auctions.
- Coal is the first mineral resource where Rolling Auction mechanism is being implemented in which a pool of coal blocks will always remain available for auctions.