Agriculture Voltage Technology by Agricultural Ministry
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Policies and interventions & GS – III – Technology; Agriculture
- Union Minister of Agriculture informed Lok Sabha about the Agriculture Voltage Technology.
- Agri-voltaic system of 105 KW capacity was developed by ICAR-Central Arid Zone Research Institute, Jodhpur.
- This technology can increase the income of farmers by generation of electricity and growing of cash crops simultaneously.
- Under component-I of KUSUM (Kisan Urja Suraksha Utthan Mahabhiyan) scheme, there is a provision for installation of agri-voltaic system in farmers’ fields with a capacity ranging from 500 KW to 2 MW.
- National Solar Energy Federation of India (NSEFI) has also documented 13 operational agri-voltaic systems in India.