Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – International Relations
- India and Bangladesh signed 5 MoUs in the fields of Disaster Management, trade, NCC, ICT and setting up of sports facilities recently.
- Foundation stone was laid for infrastructure development for power evacuation facilities from the Rooppur Nuclear power plant.
- The Bangladesh leg of the Banagabandhu-Bapu Digital Exhibition was inaugurated by the two Prime Ministers.
- It will be taken to other parts of the world including the UN.
- Both the leaders also unveiled the foundation stone for the construction of a memorial at Ashuganj honoring the martyrs of Indian armed forces in the 1971 Liberation War of Bangladesh.
- India gifted 109 life support ambulances to Bangladesh and also 1.2 million doses of the Covishield vaccine.
- Three border haats were also opened along the India-Bangladesh border.
Other announcements made:
- A direct passenger train named ‘Mitali Express’ will run between Dhaka and New Jalpaiguri.
- Indian Prime Minister invited 50 young entrepreneurs from Bangladesh to connect with India’s start up ecosystem
- 1000 Subarno Jayanti Scholarships were announced for the Bangladeshi students to study in India at the Undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- A Bangabandhu Chair will be established at Delhi University to facilitate Bangladesh studies.
- Both countries agreed to start a new area of cooperation in the Civil nuclear and space sectors.
Following places were visited by Indian Prime Minister on his Bangladesh visit:
- Birthplace of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman at Tungipara.
- Jeshoreshwari temple in Satkhira.
- Harimandir in Orakandi and addressed the representatives of the Matua community.