‘Investment Opportunities in India’s Healthcare Sector ‘ Report
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – Health
- NITI Aayog Released Report ‘Investment Opportunities in India’s Healthcare Sector’.
- The report outlines the range of investment opportunities in various segments of India’s healthcare sector, including hospitals, medical devices and equipment, health insurance, telemedicine, home healthcare and medical value travel.
- India’s healthcare industry has been growing at a Compound Annual Growth Rate of around 22% since 2016.
- At this rate, it is expected to reach USD 372 billion in 2022.
- In the hospital segment, the expansion of private players to tier-2 and tier-3 locations, beyond metropolitan cities, offers an attractive investment opportunity.