Digha & Kankarbagh Sewage Projects
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Infrastructure
- Financing agreements for developing STPs and Sewerage networks for Digha and Kankarbagh zones of Patna were signed recently.
- The scope of the project includes development of Sewage Treatment Plants of 150 MLD capacity along with sewerage network of over 453 km in the Digha and Kankarbagh zones of Patna, one of the most populous cities on the banks of the river Ganga.
- This is the first of its kind project which comprises a mix of Design, Build, Operate and Transfer (‘DBOT’) scope and Hybrid Annuity Model (HAM) scope.
- With its implementation, all the sewage zones of Patna city will be covered with sewerage network and sewage treatment capacity.
- It shall help in achieving the objective of the Namami Gange program of preventing any untreated wastewater entering the river Ganga.