Launch of Swachhta Saarthi Fellowship
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – Governance
- Swachhta Saarthi Fellowship was Recently launched.
- Launched by: The Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India under its “Waste to Wealth” Mission
- Aim: To recognize students, community workers/self-help groups, and municipal/sanitary workers who are engaged in tackling the enormous challenge of waste management, scientifically and sustainably.
- The Waste to Wealth Mission is one of the nine national missions of the Prime Minister’s Science, Technology, and Innovation Advisory Council (PM-STIAC).
- The three categories of awards under the fellowships are as below:
- Category-A – Open to School students from 9th to 12th standards engaged in waste management community work
- Category-B – Open to College students (UG, PG, Research students) engaged in waste management community work
- Category-C – Open to Citizens working in the community and through SHGs, municipal or sanitary workers working beyond specifications of their job requirement
- Up to 500 fellows will be recognised under the fellowship.