Launch of Sugamya Bharat App
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – Governance
- Sugamya Bharat App was recently launched.
- Ministry: Ministry for Social justice and Empowerment
- Developed by: Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) under Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- It is a Crowdsourcing Mobile Application.
- It is a means for sensitising and enhancing accessibility in the 3 pillars of the Accessible India Campaign i.e. built environment, transportation sector and ICT ecosystem in India.
- The app provides for five main features, 4 of which are directly related to enhancing accessibility.
- The fifth is a special feature meant only for Divyangjan for COVID related issues.