Maitri Setu between India and Bangladesh
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – International Relations
- Indian Prime Minister inaugurated ‘Maitri Setu’ between India and Bangladesh.
- Constructed by: National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd
- The bridge ‘Maitri Setu’ has been built over Feni river.
- The river flows between Tripura and Bangladesh.
- The bridge joins Sabroom (in Tripura) with Ramgarh (in Bangladesh).
- With this bridge, Tripura is set to become the ‘Gateway of North East’ with access to Chittagong Port of Bangladesh, which is 80 km from Sabroom.