Part of: GS Prelims and GS – III – Defence and Security
- Acquisition Wing of Ministry of Defence (MoD) signed a contract with Defence Public Sector Undertaking (DPSU) Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) for the supply of MILAN-2T Anti-Tank Guided Missiles (ATGMs) to the Indian Army
- The Milan-2T is a Tandem Warhead ATGM with a range of 1,850 metres, produced by BDL under license from MBDA Missile Systems, France.
- These missiles can be fired from the ground as well as vehicle-based launchers
- These can also be deployed in Anti-Tank Role for both offensive & defensive tasks.
- Induction of these missiles will further enhance the operational preparedness of the Armed Forces which will be completed in three years.
- It is a step in achieving the goal of ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ in the defense sector.