Mobile Train Radio Communication (MTRC)
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – III – Economy; Science & Techbology
- Mobile Train Radio Communication (MTRC) System has been commissioned in Western Railway Trains in Mumbai.
- The Mobile Train Radio Communication system is an effective and a technologically advanced communication system.
- It can play an important role in preventing train accidents and reducing delays through effective communication.
- MTRC acts in a similar way to that of Air traffic control (ARC) for aircrafts.
- The system will monitor, track and aid in communication between the trains and the control room.
- This is the first time that MTRC is commissioned in Indian Railways.
- The new system has already been installed in 90 out of 100 rakes running between Churchgate and Virar.