Nag River Pollution Abatement Project
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – III – Environment; Pollution
- The Nag River Pollution Abatement Project has been approved at a cost of Rs. 2,117.54 crores.
- The project was approved under the National River Conservation Plan.
- It will be implemented by the National River Conservation Directorate (NRCD).
- It will reduce the pollution level in terms of untreated sewage, flowing solid waste and other impurities flowing into the Nag river and its tributaries.
Do you know?
- The Nag River is a river flowing through Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- The city derives its name from the Nag river
- Forming a part of the Kanhan-Pench river system, the Nag River originates in Lava hills near wadi.