To download the notification of Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2021, CLICK BELOW LINK
How to Apply
- Candidates are required to apply Online by using the website https://upsconline.nic.in
- The online Applications can be filled up to 24th March, 2021 till 6:00 PM.
- Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees One Hundred only).
- All female candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/ Persons with Benchmark Disability categories are exempted from payment of fee. No fee exemption is, however, available to OBC/EWS candidates and they are required to pay the prescribed fee in full.
The filling of online application contains two parts.
- In Part I registration, candidate will have to fill basic information. On submission of details, candidate will be prompted to check the details and make correction, if any, in the application.
- Part-II Registration consists of filling up Payment details (except for fee exempted candidates), selection of examination centre, uploading of Photograph, Signature, Photo Identity Card Document and Declaration.
The OBC candidates applying for CSE-2021 must produce OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) certificate based on the income for the Financial Year (FY) 2019-2020, 2018-19 and 2017-18.
The EWS Candidate applying for CSE 2020 must produce and Income and Asset Certificate for F.Y. 2019-2020.
- General – 32 Years
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) – 35 Years
- SC/ST – 37 Years
- The number of vacancies to be filled through the examination is expected to be approximately 712 which include 22 vacancies reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disability Category.
- The final number of vacancies may undergo change after getting firm number of vacancies from Cadre Controlling Authorities.
- Reservation will be made for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, the Economically Weaker Sections and Persons with Benchmark Disability in respect of vacancies as may be fixed by the Government.
Scheme and subjects for the Preliminary
The Examination shall comprise of two compulsory Papers of 200 marks each.
- Both the question papers will be of the objective type (multiple choice questions) and each will be of two hours duration.
- The General Studies Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
Paper I – (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science
Paper II-(200 marks) Duration: Two hours
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability;
- Decision making and problem solving;
- General mental ability;
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. — Class X level)