OTPRMS Certificates to be linked with DigiLocker
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Education; Policies and interventions & GS-III – Sci & Tech
- The Ministry of Education has decided to link the Online Teacher Pupil Registration Management System (OTPRMS) Certificates with DigiLocker.
- Objective: To ensure hassle free access to verified OTPRMS Certificates
- The issued certificates will automatically be transferred to DigiLocker.
- The same may be traced at National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) website.
- The registration fee for obtaining Certificates has been waived off.
- This will enable all stakeholders across India to be digitally empowered facilitating ease of doing business.
Important value additions
- DigiLocker is a flagship initiative of Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY) under Digital India Corporation (DIC).
- Aim: ‘Digital Empowerment’ of citizens by providing access to authentic digital documents to citizen’s digital document wallet.
- The issued documents in DigiLocker system are deemed to be at par with original physical documents as per Rule 9A of the Information Technology Rules, 2016