Sustainable Alternative Towards Affordable Transportation (SATAT) Scheme
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – III – Energy Resources
- Lok Sabha was informed about SATAT scheme.
- Ministry: Ministry for Petroleum
Important value additions
- SATAT scheme was launched on October 01, 2018
- Oil and Gas Marketing Companies (OGMCs) are inviting Expression of Interest (EoI) from potential entrepreneurs to procure Compressed Bio Gas (CBG).
- Provisions under scheme: (1) Assured price for offtake of CBG with long term agreements by OGMCs; (2) Inclusion of bio manures produced from CBG plants as Fermented Organic Manure (FOM) under Fertilizer Control Order 1985; (3) Inclusion of CBG projects under Priority Sector Lending by RBI
- 9 CBG plants have been commissioned and have started supply of CBG.
- These plants are located in Andhra Pradesh (1 No.), Gujarat (3 No.), Haryana (1 No.), Maharashtra (3 No.) and Tamil Nadu (1 No.).
- These plants are set up by entrepreneurs and private companies who have raised financial resources to develop these plants.