The Jharkhand State Employment of Local Candidates Bill, 2021
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – Policies and interventions
- The Jharkhand government announced 75% reservation in private sector jobs with a salary of up to Rs 30,000 for locals.
- The bill will treat shops, establishments, mines, enterprises, industries, companies, societies, trusts, Limited Liability Partnership firms and any person employing ten or more persons as the private sector and an entity.
- Every employer needs to register employees on a designated portal who are receiving gross monthly salary or wages not more than Rs 30, 000 — or as notified by the government from time to time — within three months of this bill coming into force.
- No local candidate will be eligible to avail 75% benefit without registering herself in the designated portal.
- The bill defines a local candidate as a person who belongs to Jharkhand and is registered on the designated portal.
- The employer may claim exemption where an adequate number of local candidates of the desired skill qualification or proficiency are not available.