Aditya-L1 Support Centre (ASC)
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – III – Sci & tech; Space
- The Indian programme to study the Sun and the region between the Sun and the Earth from space – Aditya-L1 – is due to be launched next year.
- It will carry seven payloads which have been developed by various institutions across the country.
- Once the mission is launched, there will be a need for a ground support centre to monitor and coordinate the work on its various payloads.
- This role will be played by the ARIES facility (short for Aryabhata Research Institute for observational Sciences), situated near Nainital.
- The Aditya-L1 Support Centre (ASC) will provide training through regular workshops for the guest users.
- Apart from this, it will provide ready-to-use Python and Java apps for the satellite data and demos and handouts to facilitate the guest users.