Advanced Antiquities Management System (AAMS)
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – I – Culture
- The Directorate of Archives and Archaeology (DAA) of the Goa government inaugurated the Advanced Antiquities Management System (AAMS).
- It has claimed that it is the first such system in India for storage of antiquities.
- The system catalogues 83 antiquities at present.
- Aim: Providing quick information about an antiquity linked to the software, saving storage space and ensuring improved preservation of the objects of historical significance.
- AAMS is a software-driven automated storage used for the storage of various objects.
- So far it has been used for storage of industrial Equipment.
- The AAMS will ensure safety of antiquities, clean storage space, access control and data management and also enhance utilisation of space.
- It is placed at Goa’s DAA in Panaji.