All-India Survey Of Migrant Workers
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Policies and Interventions
- Government of India launched the All-India Survey of Migrant Workers and All-India Quarterly Establishment-based Employment Survey.
- Ministry: Labour and Employment Ministry
- Objective of All-India Survey of Migrant Workers: To study the kind of employment-related migration undertaken by workers.
- The survey will provide the details of working and living conditions faced by Migrant Workers and impact of COVID 19 on their world of work.
- All-India Quarterly Establishment-based Employment Survey will provide the employment estimates for establishments employing ten or more workers and those employing nine or less workers.
- The survey will provide crucial data on the changes in employment situation across the selected sectors on a quarterly basis.
- These surveys will plug-in the data gap on various aspects of labour and employment and will aid evidence-based policy making processes.