Phase III of the eCourts Project
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Judiciary
- The eCommittee of the Supreme Court (SC) has prepared the draft vision document for Phase III of the eCourts Project under SC.
- E-Courts Project is a mission mode project undertaken by the Department of Justice, Government of India.
- Chairperson of eCommittee: Dr Justice Dhananjaya Y Chandrachud, Judge, SC
- The eCommittee has been overseeing the implementation of the eCourts Project, conceptualized under the “National Policy and Action Plan for Implementation of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in the Indian Judiciary-2005”.
- Phase III of the eCourts Project in India is rooted in two central facets—access and inclusion.
- Phase III envisions a judicial system that is more easily accessible irrespective of geographical distances, efficient and equitable for every individual who seeks justice, makes more efficient use of human and other resources, and absorbs the latest technology for a positive environmental impact.