TOPIC: General Studies 2
- Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
- Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests, Indian Diaspora.
In News: Prime Minister Narendra Modi lauded India’s efforts to fight the viral coronavirus disease outbreak and said that the country never gave up and kept moving ahead with pro-active approach and public participation.
- We fulfilled our responsibility towards the global community by sending vaccines and training people, the Prime Minister added.
- Addressing the forum, PM Modi assured the global community that India’s success will help the entire world.
The Davos Dialogues agenda marks the launch of the World Economic Forum’s Great Reset Initiative in the post Covid world. More than 400 top industry leaders from across the globe are attending the session.
Effective containment of Corona in India has saved the humanity from a very big tragedy – India moved forward with proactive and pro-participation approach and worked on strengthening the COVID specific health infrastructure, trained its human resource to tackle the pandemic and used technology massively in testing and tracking of the cases.
Aatamnirbhar Bharat movement is committed to global good and global supply chain – India has maintained economic activity by starting infrastructure projects worth billions of rupees and initiating special schemes for employment. Earlier we focused on saving lives now everyone is focussed on the growth of the country. India’s ambition of self-reliance will strengthen globalism anew and will help in Industry 4.0,
India offers a predictable and friendly environment from tax regime to FDI norms
Country’s digital profile has been completely transformed – India is working on all the four factors of Industry 4.0- connectivity, automation, artificial intelligence or machine learning and real-time data. India is among the countries where data charges are the cheapest and mobile connectivity and smart phones have reached far and wide. India’s automation design expert pool is vast and the country has made a mark in the field of AI and machine learning. Growing digital infrastructure has made digital solutions everyday part of life in India. Digital Infrastructure has made public service delivery efficient and transparent. India has started a campaign for providing easy access to health care by giving Unique Health ID to its citizens
India is focussing on sustainable urbanization with focus on ease of living, ease of doing business and climate sensitive development – This commitment has led to investment of 150 billion dollars were invested in urban India during 2014 to 2020.
- WEF is based in Cologny-Geneva, Switzerland.
- It is an NGO, founded in 1971.
- The WEF hosts an annual meeting at the end of January in Davos, a mountain resort in Graubünden, in the eastern Alps region of Switzerland.
- It is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation and engages the foremost political, business, cultural and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Image source: Click here
Connecting the Dots:
- Significance of PM’s visit to Davos