Infant Toddler and Caregiver-Friendly Neighbourhoods (ITCN) Training and Capacity Building Programme
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – Policies and interventions
- The ‘Infant Toddler and Caregiver-friendly Neighbourhoods (ITCN) Training and Capacity Building Programme’ was launched recently.
- Launched by: National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) in partnership with Bernard van Leer Foundation (BvLF).
- The Programme is designed to help build capacities of city officials and young professionals for developing young children and family-friendly neighbourhoods within cities in India.
- Under the programme, city officials and young professionals are proposed to be skilled through certified training and capacity building modules.
- The training is proposed to be delivered through well-structured training modules, provided online through National Urban Learning Platform (NULP),
- NULP is the platform developed for knowledge dissemination by MoHUA and NIUA.
Important value additions
- The National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA), is a premier Institute of Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, for research and capacity building for the urban sector in India.
- It was established in 1976.
- The National Urban Learning Platform (NULP) is envisioned as a means of digitally consolidating key skills and knowledge required by urban stakeholders and making these available to all actors on a channel of their choice