Launch of e-SANTA
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – III – Economy
- e-SANTA was inaugurated recently.
- It is an electronic marketplace providing a platform to connect aqua farmers and the buyers.
- Launched by: Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- It will enable the farmers to get a better price.
- It will enable the exporters to directly purchase quality products from the farmers enhancing traceability.
- The term e-SANTA was coined for the web portal, meaning Electronic Solution for Augmenting NaCSA farmers’ Trade in Aquaculture.
- National Centre for Sustainable Aquaculture (NaCSA) is an extension arm of Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA), Govt. of India, Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
- e-SANTA will ‘RAISE’ the lives & income of farmers by:
- Reducing Risk
- Awareness of Products & Markets
- Increase in Income
- Shielding Against Wrong Practice
- Ease of Processes