Launch of AIM-PRIME
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – III – Innovation; Entrepreneurship
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog launched AIM-PRIME (Program for Researchers on Innovations, Market-Readiness & Entrepreneurship).
- It is an initiative to promote and support science-based deep-tech start-ups & ventures across India.
- In this regard, AIM has joined hands with Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) to launch this nationwide program.
- It will be implemented by Venture Center – a non-profit technology business incubator.
- The first cohort of the program is open to technology developers with strong science-based deep tech business ideas.
- It is also open to CEOs and Senior incubation managers of AIM Funded Atal Incubation Centers that are supporting deep tech entrepreneurs.
Do you know?
- Deep technology is an outcome of very intense research and development (R&D) with high knowledge content.
- The benefits of this program are aimed at addressing specific issues through training and guidance over a period of 12 months.