Launch of NanoSniffer
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – III – Security; Sci & tech
- Union Education Minister launched NanoSniffer.
- It is the world’s first Microsensor based Explosive Trace Detector (ETD).
- Developed by: NanoSniff Technologies, an IIT Bombay incubated startup
- Marketed by: Vehant Technologies, a spin-off from a former IIT Delhi incubated startup Kritikal Solutions.
- This home-grown Explosive trace detector device (ETD) – NanoSniffer can detect explosives in less than 10 seconds.
- It also identifies and categorizes explosives into different classes.
- It detects all classes of military, conventional and homemade explosives.
- It gives visible & audible alerts with sunlight-readable color display.
- NanoSniffer is a 100% Made in India product in terms of R&D and manufacturing.
- This affordable device will reduce India’s dependence on imported explosive trace detector devices.