India -Netherlands Virtual Summit
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – International Relations
- Indian Prime Minister and Prime Minister of the Netherlands held a Virtual Summit.
- It was the first high level Summit attended by Netherlands’ PM Mark Rutte after the general elections held in March 2021.
- During the Summit, the two leaders exchanged views on further expanding the relationship in trade and economy, water management, agriculture sector, smart cities, science & technology, healthcare and space.
- The two Prime Ministers also agreed on instituting a ‘Strategic Partnership on Water’ to further deepen the Indo-Dutch cooperation in the water related sector, and upgrading the Joint Working Group on water to Ministerial-level.
- Netherlands’ Indo-Pacific Policy was also welcomed.