Net Zero Producers Forum
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – International Relations
- Saudi Arabia will join the United States, Canada, Norway, and Qatar in forming ‘Net Zero Producers Forum’ for oil and gas producers to discuss how they can support the implementation of the Paris Agreement on climate change.
- Saudi Arabia is the world’s biggest crude exporter.
- The Forum will discuss ways to achieve net zero carbon emission targets to limit global warming.
- Saudi Arabia had also said that it aimed to reduce its carbon emissions by generating 50% of the country’s energy from renewables by 2030.
- US President unveiled plans to cut emissions by 50%-52% from 2005 levels recently.