ROPAX Jetty Project, Odisha
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – III – Infrastructure
- Rs. 110 crore ROPAX Jetty Project shall be constructed on river Dhamra in Odisha.
- Ministry of Ports, Shipping & Waterways (MoPSW) has accorded administrative approval for developing all-weather ROPAX (Roll-on/Roll-off Passenger) Jetty and allied Infrastructure.
- It shall connect Kaninali in Bhadrak district & Talachua in Kendrapara district, Odisha under the Sagarmala initiative.
- This project will reduce travel time for passengers from 6 hours by road to 1 hour by waterway.
- Kaninali in Bhadrak district and Talachua in Kendrapada district, are located on the northern and southern banks of River Dhamra respectively.