The Council of The European Union
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – International Relations
- The Council of the European Union approved conclusions on a European Union strategy for cooperation in the Indo-Pacific.
- The strategy shall reinforce its strategic focus to contribute to regional stability at a time of rising challenges and tensions in the region.
- The EU will aim to promote effective rules-based multilateralism, reiterating its support for ASEAN (Association of South East Asian Nations) centrality.
Do you know?
- The Council of the European Union is the third of the seven Institutions of the European Union (EU) as listed in the Treaty on European Union.
- It is one of three legislative bodies and together with the European Parliament serves to amend and approve the proposals of the European Commission, which holds legislative initiative.
- It was founded on 1 July 1967.