India – UK MoU on Migration and Mobility Partnership
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – International Relations
- Cabinet approves MoU between India and United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland on Migration and Mobility Partnership.
- The Union Cabinet has approved the signing of MoU on Migration and Mobility Partnership between India and Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- Aim: (1) Liberalising issuance of visas promoting mobility of students, researchers and skilled professionals; (2) Strengthen cooperation on issues related to irregular migration and human trafficking between the two sides.
- This MoU can support the innovation ecosystem in both countries by facilitating free flow of talent.
- Ministry of External Affairs would closely monitor the effective implementation of the MoU through Joint Working Group mechanism.