Launch of SeHAT OPD portal
Part of: GS Prelims and GS -II – Polity and Governance
- ‘Services e-Health Assistance & Tele-consultation (SeHAT) OPD portal was launched recently.
- Ministry: Ministry of Defence
- The portal provides tele-medicine services to the serving Armed Forces personnel, veterans and their families.
- This is the final version of the SeHAT OPD portal with advanced safety features.
- The trial version was made functional in August 2020.
- Developed by: Department of Military Affairs (DMA), Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS), Integrated Defence Staff (IDS) and Centre for Development of Artificial Computing (C-DAC) Mohali
- The portal will help reduce the load on hospitals and patients will be able to get contactless consultations in an easy and effective manner.