Lithuania quits Cooperation between China and Central and Eastern European Countries
Part of: GS Prelims and GS -II – International Relations
- Lithuania has quit China’s 17+1 cooperation forum with central and eastern European states, calling it “divisive”.
Important value additions
Cooperation between China and Central and Eastern European Countries (China-CEE, China-CEEC)
- It is an initiative by China.
- Objective: To promote business and investment relations between China and 16 countries of Central and Eastern Europe Countries (CEEC).
- Founded in: 2012 in Warsaw.
- It will now be known as 16+1 after Lithuanias’ exit.
Do you know?
- Central and Eastern Europe is a term encompassing the countries in Central Europe, the Baltics, Eastern Europe, and Southeast Europe (the Balkans),
- It usually means former communist states from the Eastern Bloc and Warsaw Pact in Europe.
- Lithuania is a country in the Baltic region of Europe.
- Capital: Vilnius.