S. Janakiraman advisory Group
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – III – Economy
- An advisory group has been constituted to assist the second Regulatory Review Authority (RRA)
- RRA was set up by the RBI recently to streamline regulations and reduce the compliance burden of regulated entities.
- Headed by: SBI Managing Director S. Janakiraman.
- The group will assist the RRA by identifying areas, regulations, guidelines, returns which can be rationalised
- It shall submit reports periodically to RRA containing the recommendations/suggestions.
Do you know?
- In 1999, the RBI had set up a Regulations Review Authority (RRA) for reviewing the regulations, circulars, reporting systems, based on the feedback from the public, banks, and financial institutions.