Section 142 of the Social Security Code – 2020
Part of: GS Prelims GS-II – Policies and Interventions
- Section 142 of the Social Security Code, 2020 has been notified by Ministry of Labour & Employment covering applicability of Aaadhar.
- The notification of section will enable the Ministry to collect Aaadhar details for the database of beneficiaries under various social security schemes.
- National Data Base for unorganised workers (NDUW) is at an advanced stage of development by National Informatics Centre
- The portal is aimed at collection of data for unorganised workers including migrant workers for the purpose of giving benefits of the various schemes of the Government.
- An inter-state migrant worker can register himself on the portal on the basis of submission of Aaadhar alone.