Draft National strategy and roadmap for promoting tourism released
Part of: GS Prelims and GS -III – Infrastructure
- Ministry of Tourism released three Draft National strategy and roadmap for promoting tourism in India.
- It aims to identify, diversify, develop and promote tourism products.
- It will help to overcome the aspect of seasonality and will promote India as a 365 days’ destination to attract tourists
Draft National strategy and roadmap for development of rural tourism in India
- State assessment and tracking on rural tourism.
- Digital Technologies and platforms for rural Tourism.
- Development of clusters and marketing support
- Capacity building of stakeholders
Draft National strategy and roadmap for medical and Wellness tourism
- ‘Heal in India’ brand for promoting India as medical value travel destination.
- Enable digitalization by setting up online medical value travel portal.
- liberalised visa policy and better air connectivity.
- Establishing National Medical and Wellness tourism promotion board