Integrated Power Development Scheme (IPDS)
Part of: GS Prelims and GS -III – Power resources
- A 50 kWp Solar roof top was inaugurated in Solan, Himachal Pradesh under the Integrated power development scheme (IPDS) of Ministry of Power ,Government of India.
About Integrated power development scheme
- It was launched in the year 2014
- Launched by: Ministry of Power
- Eligible Utilities: All Discoms will be eligible for financial assistance under the scheme.
- It has following components:
- Strengthening of sub-transmission and distribution networks in the urban areas.
- Metering of distribution transformers in the urban areas.
- IT enablement of the distribution sector and strengthening of distribution network.
- Schemes for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and IT enablement of balance urban towns.
- Underground cabling to include additional demand of States and smart metering solution for performing UDAY States and Solar panels on Govt. buildings with net-metering are also permissible under the scheme.