Adarsh Smarak Scheme
Part of: GS Prelims and GS -I – Culture
In news Monuments at Nagarjunakonda, Budhhist remains at Salihundam and Veerabhadra Temple at Lepakshi are identified as ‘Adarsh Smarak’ in Andhra Pradesh for providing additional facilities.
About the Adarsh Smarak scheme
- Launched in 2014 for providing improved visitor amenities, especially for the physically challenged.
- Implemented by the Ministry of Culture.
- The civic amenities are being augmented at the protected sites under the scheme.
- Archaeological Survey of India had identified 100 monuments as “Adarsh Smarak” for upgradation
What are the Objectives of the Scheme?
- To make the monument visitor friendly.
- To provide interpretation and audio-video centers.
- To make the monument accessible to differently-abled people.
- To implement Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
News Source: TH