AI Powered Grievance Management Application
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – Policies and interventions; E-Governance
In news Recently, the Defence Minister launched an Artificial Intelligence (AI)– powered grievance management application.
- Earlier, the Chief Justice of India (CJI) launched an AI-based portal ‘SUPACE’ in the judicial system aimed at assisting judges with legal research.
About the Project
- This project is the first of its kind initiative of the Government for using AI, data science and Machine Learning techniques in grievance redressal. It is a citizen centric reform.
- Developed by: Ministry of Defence (MoD) with the help of IIT-Kanpur.
- It will automatically handle and analyse the complaints of the people and thus reduce human intervention, save time and bring more transparency in their disposal.
- This application will help in understanding the nature of complaints, and policy changes which can be introduced to create systemic improvements to address these grievances.
- The success of this project in MoD will pave the way for extension of this application across other Ministries.
Do you know?
- A large number of complaints are received on the CPGRAMS (Centralized Public Grievances Redress and Monitoring System) portal of DARPG (Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances).
- CPGRAMS enables the citizen to track online the grievance being followed up with the Department concerned and also enables DARPG to monitor the grievance.
News Source: PIB