Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana: Smart health card for Odisha’s poor
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – III – Space; Sci and Tech
In news Odisha Chief Minister launched the distribution of a smart health card.
- The scheme is known as Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana.
- The card will help poor families receive treatment up to Rs. 5 lakh per annum.
- About 3.5 crore poor people will benefit from the State-funded health debit card system.
- Under the Yojana, women members of the family can receive treatment up to Rs. 10 lakh in a year.
- People can also avail themselves of quality healthcare service in about 200 hospital chains in the country, including those in the State.
News source: TH