Spotlight 29 (Aug): Discussion on PM Man Ki Baat
- GS-2: Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
Discussion on PM Man Ki Baat
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses the nation on the 80th edition of Mann Ki Baat.
- The prime minister touched upon a host of topics, including India’s rich spiritual tradition and the boost the sporting culture has received after its performance in the Tokyo Olympics, in the address and also paid glowing tributes to hockey legend Dhyan Chand, saying he conquered the world of hockey for the country.
- During Sunday’s ‘Mann ki Baat’, Modi also added that the advancements accomplished in the space sector in the country have caught people’s imagination and expressed confidence that a large number of satellites in the coming days will be those on which youngsters from universities, labs and other sectors would have worked upon.
key takeaways from Modi’s address-
Olympics and sports:
- August 29th is celebrated as National Sports Day in India and also marks the birth anniversary of legendary Major Dhyan Chand.
- PM Modi said the passion for sports in the youth of the country at the present times is the greatest tribute to Major Dhyan Chand further adding that Indians managed to win a medal in Olympics in the game of Hockey after 4 decades and Major Dhyan Chand will be extremely proud of this young generation, who are working hard to ensure a medal for the country and are putting their best foot forward at the international games.
- “Irrespective of the number of medals won, no citizen of India enjoys victory until a medal is won in hockey. And this time, in the Olympics, the medal that was won for hockey came our way after four decades,” PM said.
Janmashtami and Iscon
- Extending greetings for Krishna Janmashtami, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday urged the countrymen to carry forward the great traditions of the nation.
- Stating that the toy industry has a huge market of around Rs 6 to 7 lakh crore in the world, the prime minister said that the country’s youth have resolved to make an impact of Indian toys globally and that youth today is focussing on improving the processes, variety and technology in toy-making and experimenting with new things.
- Lauding the ongoing Swachh Bharat Abhiyan in the country, he lauded Indore city’s progress and talked about the city’s decision to maintain a ‘Water Plus City’.
- Urging the citizens to cherish and preserve Sanskrit, he said the language helps nurture knowledge and strengthens national unity as Sanskrit helps nurture knowledge and also national unity, strengthens it.