PM-DAKSH’ Portal and ‘PM-DAKSH’ Mobile App
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – Policies and interventions
In news Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment will launch ‘PM-DAKSH’ Portal and ‘PM-DAKSH’ Mobile App on 7th August, 2021.
About the Portal and App
- Developed by: Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, in collaboration with NeGD (National E-Governance Division),
- Objective: To make the skill development schemes accessible to the target groups of Backward Classes, Scheduled Castes and Safai Karamcharis.
- The youth of the target groups will now be able to avail the benefits of skill development training programmes more easily.
What is PM-DAKSH Yojana?
- The Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi (PM-DAKSH) Yojana is being implemented by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment from the year 2020-21.
- Under this Yojana, eligible target groups are being provided skill development training programmes on
- Short Term Training Programme
- Long Term Training Programme
- Entrepreneurship Development Program (EDP).
News Source: PIB