Part of: Prelims and GS – III- Science & Tech
In news: Quantum Computer Simulator (QSim) Toolkit was launched by the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY).
- QSim is a first-of-its-kind indigenously developed toolkit that helps in learning and understanding the practical aspects of programming using Quantum Computers.
- QSim provides a platform to acquire the skills of ‘programming’ (Quantum Code) as well as ‘designing’real Quantum Hardware.
- It enables the researchers and students to carryout research in Quantum computing in a cost effective manner.
- Developed collaboratively by IISc Bangalore, IIT Roorkee and C-DAC with the support of MeitY under the ‘Design and Development of Quantum Computer Toolkit (Simulator, Workbench) & Capacity Building’ project.
- Features – QSim offers a QC Simulator integrated with a Graphic User Interface (GUI) based Workbench allowing people to create Quantum programs.
- QSim helps simulate Quantum circuits with and without noise and test how well various algorithms work with imperfect quantum components.
- It has pre-loaded Quantum programs and algorithms providing a head start to the users.
- QSim – Offering Model
- PARAM SHAVAK QSim – Standalone system with Quantum Simulator in a box
- PARAM QSim Cloud – Available on cloud using HPC infrastructure PARAM SIDDHI AI (developed under NSM program).