“Seekho Aur Kamao” Scheme
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II- Government Schmes
About Seekho Aur Kamao scheme
- It is a skill development Central sector scheme for minorities (youth of 14 – 35 years age group) and aimed at providing employment and employment opportunities, improving the employability of existing workers, school dropouts etc.
- In the last 7 years appx. 3.92 lakh persons have been benefitted under this employment-oriented scheme.
- The scheme ensures 75% placement, out of which 50% should be in organized sector.
- Post placement support of Rs. 2000/- per month is provided to placed trainees for two months as placement assistance.
Some of the schemes for growth and development of MSME Sector in the country are:
|Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP)||
|Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries (SFURTI)||
|A Scheme for Promoting Innovation, Rural Industry & Entrepreneurship (ASPIRE)||
|Credit Guarantee Fund Scheme for Micro and Small Enterprises (CGMSE)||
|Credit Linked Capital Subsidy and Technology Upgradation Scheme (CLCS-TUS)||
Contribution of MSMEs to GDP (will be useful for Mains)
- As per the information received from Central Statistics Office, Ministry of Statistics & PI, Share of MSME Gross Value Added (GVA) in All India Gross Domestic Product at current prices (2011-12) for the year 2018-19 and 2019-20 were 30.5% and 30.0% respectively.
- The share of the MSME manufacturing in All India manufacturing gross value output during the year 2018-19 and 2019-20 were 36.9% and 36.9% respectively.
- Further, as per the information received from Directorate General of Commercial Intelligence and Statistics, the share of export of specified MSME related products to All India exports during 2019-20 and 2020-21 was 49.8% and 49.5% respectively.
- As per 73rd Round of NSS Report on Unincorporated Non-Agricultural Enterprises’ (July 2015- June 2016) conducted by Ministry of Statistics & PI, estimated number of workers in MSME sector was 11.10 crore.
- Under the Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP), the estimated employment generated (number of persons) in micro enterprises during the year 2020-21 and 2021-22 (as on 01.07.2021) are 5.95 lakh and 1.19 lakh respectively.
For a dedicated peer group, Motivation & Quick updates, Join our official telegram channel – https://t.me/IASbabaOfficialAccount
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Explainer Videos, Strategy Sessions, Toppers Talks & many more…