Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
Part of: GS-Prelims and Mains GS-III- Health
Context: Pradhan Mantri Digital Health Mission has been launched.
- Will create a seamless online platform through the provision of a wide-range of data, information and infrastructure services, duly leveraging open, interoperable, standards-based digital systems while ensuring the security, confidentiality and privacy of health-related personal information.
- Enable access and exchange of longitudinal health records of citizens with their consent.
- Create interoperability within the digital health ecosystem, similar to the role played by the Unified Payments Interface in revolutionizing payments. Citizens will only be a click-away from accessing healthcare facilities.
- A health ID for every citizen that will also work as their health account, to which personal health records can be linked and viewed with the help of a mobile application;
- A Healthcare Professionals Registry (HPR) and Healthcare Facilities Registries (HFR) that will act as a repository of all healthcare providers across both modern and traditional systems of medicine ensuring ease of doing business for doctors/hospitals and healthcare service providers.
News Source: PIB
For a dedicated peer group, Motivation & Quick updates, Join our official telegram channel – https://t.me/IASbabaOfficialAccount
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Explainer Videos, Strategy Sessions, Toppers Talks & many more…