Part of: GS-Prelims and Mains GS-II- Governance
In News: Recently, the Prime Minister (PM) has chaired the 38th PRAGATI meeting.
- Launched in 2015, PRAGATI is the multimodal platform for Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation involving central and state governments – enables the PM to discuss the issues with the concerned central and state officials with full information and latest visuals of the ground-level situation.
- Designed by: Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) team with the help of the National Informatics Center (NIC).
- It is a three-tier system: PMO, Union Government Secretaries, and Chief Secretaries of the States.
- Grievance Redressal;
- Programme Implementation;
- Project Monitoring
- It promotes cooperative federalism;
- It is a robust system for bringing e-transparency and e-accountability with real-time presence and exchange among the key stakeholders;
- It is an innovative project in e-governance and good governance.
News Source: PIB