Delegation of Financial Powers to Defence Services, 2021 Rules
Part of: GS Prelims and GS- II – Policies and interventions
Context Recently, the Ministry of Defence has released the Delegation of Financial Powers to Defence Services (DFPDS), 2021 rules.
- The primary focus is to overcome procedural delays, bring about greater decentralisation and operational efficiency.
Key Highlights of DFPDS 2021
- Financial Powers Devolved to Field Formations:
- Enhanced the delegation of revenue procurement powers for the Army, Navy and Air Force.
- 10% increase in Delegated Financial Powers of Vice Chiefs of Services.
- Focus on Operational Preparedness:
- Critical equipment can be hired for short periods
- Field Commanders and below can procure equipment in a speedy manner for urgent operational necessities and meeting essential sustenance requirements.
- Promoting Ease of Doing Business:
- Up to three times increase in funding related to Indigenisation/R&D to achieve ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’.