Place in news: Nagqu and Kio Dhura pass
Part of: Prelims and GS II – International Relations
- China has completed a key section of the Beijing-Lhasa expressway, a 295-km stretch from Lhasa to Nagqu in Tibetan region.
- Lhasa, the capital of the Tibet Autonomous Region and Nagqu is city in North Tibet.
- The Lhasa-Nagqu section is part of the G6 Beijing-Lhasa expressway.
- In June, China had launched a high speed bullet train connecting Lhasa with Nyingchi, a strategically located Tibetan town located close to Arunachal Pradesh
- In another development, China has set up surveillance equipment and cameras opposite the Kio Dhura pass in Uttarakhand.