World Standards Day: 14th October
Theme: Shared Vision for a Better World’ Standards for Sustainable Development Goals
- Implementation of standards facilitate access to national and international markets
- Standards play a critical role in ensuring the integration of diverse technologies and interoperability of innovations required for propelling smart cities of the future.
- In view of the pandemic, the path to move towards Sustainable Development Goals has become an absolute necessity, for which relevant, faster and better standards are essential.
- The International Organization for Standards was created in 1947 but this day was first celebrated in 1970.
- BIS is the National Standard Body of India established under the BIS Act 2016 for the harmonious development of the activities of standardization, marking and quality certification of goods
For a dedicated peer group, Motivation & Quick updates, Join our official telegram channel – https://t.me/IASbabaOfficialAccount
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Explainer Videos, Strategy Sessions, Toppers Talks & many more…